Customize your auto insurance
Nov./Dec. 2010 California Country magazine
Story by John Valentine
As more Americans are forced to make tough choices to balance the monthly checkbook, it's becoming more important than ever to have auto insurance coverage that is personalized to your needs. Nationwide and its affiliate Allied Insurance now offer an On Your Side Review and On Your Side Rewards, to help you get the best value possible.
The On Your Side Review enables agents to help customers determine all available discounts to ensure the best value possible. The review is available to anyone, regardless of whether you're a Nationwide customer.
On Your Side Rewards moves from a one-size-fits-all approach to auto insurance to a base policy that can be personalized with various coverages and add-on features.
On Your Side Rewards includes Deductible Savings Rewards (credits accrue to automatically lower your deductible), Roadside Assistance and our Good-As-New package, which includes New Car Replacement and loan/lease "gap" protection. (Gap coverage protects against you owing more for your car than its depreciated worth, which can easily happen with some cars.)
You can choose any of these options to meet your needs and your wallet. To learn more, contact an Allied or Nationwide agent or visit www.nationwide.com/CFBF. Farm Bureau members may receive a 7.5 percent discount on Nationwide and Allied auto insurance.
Article contributed by Nationwide Insurance, which is endorsed by the California Farm Bureau Federation. John Valentine, sponsor relations account executive, can be reached at 916-802-1785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Factors to consider
Regardless of where you get your insurance, here are a few tips:
- Before talking to an agent, have a good idea of what you own and what may have changed in your life recently.
- Understand that changes like home renovations or new home alarm systems may reduce your insurance costs.
- Make sure you have the appropriate coverage for each vehicle and every driver in your household.
- Consider the age of your car in determining what types of coverage to purchase.
- Because pricing differences between companies can change often, don't be afraid to call around and get new quotes.
- Remember you may have to rely on your insurance company to help rebuild your life if the unthinkable does happen, so don't trade trustworthiness for price.
New Roadside Assistance from Nationwide
Nationwide and its Allied Insurance have positioned their Roadside Assistance as like having your own pit crew 24/7. Almost 2 million customers already have the service, which has an average response time of less than 30 minutes to arrive at a customer's vehicle. Here are two different levels of Roadside Assistance coverage:*
Nationwide Roadside Assistance Basic
Coverage applies to everyone on your policy in any car you occupy
- Towing up to 15 miles
- Ditch extraction pulls you out and gets you rolling again; some restrictions apply
- Emergency fuel delivered to your tank
- Battery jump-starts
- Lockout service up to $100
- Flat tire assistance
Nationwide Roadside Assistance Plus
- All the services of Roadside Assistance Basic
- Towing up to 100 miles
- Trip interruption coverage reimburses expenses up to $500 for alternate transportation, lodging and meals when you're stranded 100-plus miles from home
*Some restrictions may apply and vary by state.